Tencel? Tencel. TENCEL!
This fabulous new Vena Cava was created for a very special little CHD (congential heart defect) warrior. Collin was born into our local babywearing community to one of the most inspirational families we have met, and this one is for him! Smitten's famous Vena Cava pattern in a brilliant red to represent all of the CHD warriors out there! Want to win a Vena Cava Warrior for only $5 and help out little Collin ? CLICK HERE
What is tencel?
Tencel or lyocell is a sustainable fabric, regenerated from wood cellulose. It is similar in hand to rayon and bamboo. However, Tencel is one of the most environmentally friendly regenerated fabrics. Tencel fibers are grown sustainably and eliminates the negative environmental impacts of traditional fiber processing, using new sustainable technologies.
But what does it feel like?
This special weave and blend creates an internal poof after washing that is seriously so blankety soft. It has the wrapping qualities of an ace bandage with extreme mold-ablity and holding power to combat even the most daring seat popper. The red tencel fiber creates a soft almost glidey feeling which will slide those wrap passes into place with ease! For those who had the pleasure of petting our lamb's rear soft Crema, Warrior is the same weave, but feels smidge glidier, and lighter-weight in hand.
- Appropriate for full-term newborns through pre-schoolers
- Color: Red Tencel & ecru cotton
- Material: 52% tencel & 48% cotton
- Fabric Weight: Medium (Approx 300 g/m² pre-wash)
- Fabric Width: 30" post wash (1+/-)
- Arrives loomstate - aka needs to be washed prior to first use
- Ethically and responsibly woven and finished in the USA.
- Shipped in recycled and biodegradable packaging
- A portion of the profits from all Vena Cavas goes to Save A Child's Heart
- Each Smitten comes with a gently used book saved from the landfill
- Smitten has passed voluntary ASTM F2907-14b and flammability testing and is lab certified to be free of heavy metals and phthalates
- 6 month warranty
- Size 3 - 3.2m
- Size 4 - 3.6m
- Size 5 - 4.2m
- Size 6 - 4.6m
- Size 7 - 5.2m
- Size 8 - 5.8m
Width - 29-30" POST-WASH
Please note this is wider than traditional newborn wraps and will require some rolling of the top rail to accommodate those squishy little beings! We believe all wraps should be on the wider side of life so it can grow with your precious little person all the way through preschoolers.
Initial Wash - Machine wash on cold with color safe detergent and tumble dry on low heat
All subsequent washes - Machine wash on gentle cycle in cold water and tumble dry low. Once dry, we recommend steam ironing the wrap to soften it and prevent creasing
Please note: some cosmetic flaws are possible. These might include skipped threads, or large floats and are not considered flaws or safety concerns. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
*All images of this products are for representation purposes only. Please be aware that the final product in hand may have slight variations in color and texture when compared to the product photo.*