Modern Babywearing designed learning stripes... SWOON!
What is a learning stripe you ask? Learning stripes have 3 different stripes going the long way down the wrap or ring sling. These 3 stripes make it easier to figure out how to tighten a carrier evenly across baby's back. When you tug on the black stripe it corresponds to the black hem across baby's back, when you tug on the grey stripe it corresponds with the grey hem, etc. Want to check if your carrier is twisted? Teaching stripes make it lightening fast to visually check if your carrier is twisted!
Who is Modern Babywearing? Modern Babywearing is a fantastic educational blog by Jay Mommy. Jay is a Professional Babywearing Educator and Lactation Educator. She is trained and certified through the Center for Babywearing Studies as a Babywearing Consultant, and has completed the University of California San Diego Certified Lactation Educator training. She is currently an Advanced Babywearing Educator with Babywearing International, and an active volunteer in her local La Leche League. She currently serves on the local level Board of Directors for both organizations.
- Appropriate for full-term newborns through pre-schoolers
- Color: Black & Grey (with grey weft)
- Material: 100% cotton
- Fabric Weight: Medium-heavy (Approx 285g/pre-wash)
- Ethically and responsibly woven and finished in the USA
- Smitten has passed ASTM F2907-14b and flammability testing and is lab certified to be free of heavy metals and phthalates
- Shipped in recycled and biodegradable packaging
- A portion of the profits from all Mod Stripes goes to Uzazi Village
- Each Smitten comes with a gently used book saved from the landfill
- 6 month warranty
Width: ~28" POST-WASH
- Size 3 - 3.2m
- Size 4 - 3.6m
- Size 5 - 4.2m
- Size 6 - 4.6m
- Size 7 - 5.2m
- Size 8 - 5.7m
Initial Wash - Machine wash on cold with color safe detergent and tumble dry on medium heat
All subsequent washes - Machine wash on gentle cycle in cold water and tumble dry low. Once dry, we recommend steam ironing the wrap to soften it and prevent creasing
Please note: as a budget friendly wrap, some cosmetic flaws are possible. These might include skipped threads, weaver's knots, small pulls, or large floats. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Product may vary in color from photos.
*All images of this products are for representation purposes only. Please be aware that the final product in hand may have slight variations in color and texture when compared to the product photo.*