"Where flowers bloom so does hope" - Lady Bird Johnson
As many of you know Smitten is based in Texas. Naturally, when began our quest to do a wrap for every US state flower, we started with Texas and the bluebonnet :) We had a contest a while back to design a bluebonnet themed set of stripes, and this is the design our fans chose!
As with many of our Smitten wraps, we look to our fans to help us name and select a charity to receive a portion of the designs profits. One of our awesome fans pointed out that Lady Bird Johnson, a Texas native and wife of the 36th President of the United States, was a life long advocate for the beautification of the nation's cities. The Highway Beautification Act of 1965 was commonly called "Lady Bird's Bill". We are thrilled to be able to name this wrap after this amazing champion of wildflowers!
Tell Me More About This Wrap!
This is a new weave style for Smitten and we are so excited for you to try it out! This weave has the durability of canvas mixed with the flexibility and support of a woven wrap. In order to keep some grip to the wrap we used a textured weft yarn with variations in the thread's thickness. The diagonal stretch has a spring in its step and easily pulls your baby close! Pull-resistant, this weave is going to be your go to for parking lot wrap jobs!
- Appropriate for full-term newborns through toddlers
- Color: Cream, Pale Blue, Dark Blue, Light Green, Dark Green, and dark purple
- Material: 100% cotton
- Fabric Weight: Medium-heavy (Approx 265g/m² pre-wash)
- Arrives loomstate and requires washing and tumble dry on low prior to first use
- Does require some "breaking-in" aka tumble dry with tennis balls or repeated knotting and unknotting.
- Ethically and responsibly woven and finished in the USA
- Shipped in recycled and biodegradable packaging
- A portion of the profits from all Bonnets goes to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center at UT - Austin
- Each Smitten comes with a gently used book saved from the landfill
- 6 month warranty
Width- 27" POST-WASH
- Size 3 - 3.2m
- Size 4 - 3.6m
- Size 5 - 4.2m
- Size 6 - 4.6m
- Size 7 - 5.2m
- Size 8 - 5.7m
Initial Wash - Machine wash on cold with color safe detergent and tumble dry on medium heat
All subsequent washes - Machine wash on gentle cycle in cold water and tumble dry low. Once dry, we recommend steam ironing the wrap to soften it and prevent creasing
Please note: as a budget friendly wrap, some cosmetic flaws are possible. These might include skipped threads, weaver's knots, small pulls, or large floats. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Product may vary in color from photos.
*All images of this products are for representation purposes only. Please be aware that the final product in hand may have slight variations in color and texture when compared to the product photo.*