Frequently Asked Questions & Store Policies
Greetings New Friend!
Thank you for your interest in our family-run (very) small business! We are a team of two... plus a few very generous helpers, who personally package and ship every single order. We have compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions in order to make your shopping experience easier to navigate!
If you cannot find the answer you're seeking, please do not hesitate to use the contact form or live chat in the bottom right of your screen.
Matt & Rachel
Hours of Operation
- It's the internet age - We are here to help 7 days a week and ship products 6 out of 7 of those days
- 5MR is based in Forney, Texas (Central Timezone) - Previously San Jose, California
- We do our darnedest to respond to all inquiries within 12 hours
- In the US, we ship all overs >$50 exclusively via USPS Priority (2-3 day)
- International customers - We now offer DHL Express (2-7 days) with insurance, full tracking, and door-to-door delivery via a single courier. No more USPS headaches!
- All in-stock items ship within 24 hours. While we do our best to ship same day, the last truck out of our post office leaves @ 4PM on the weekdays and @ 11AM on Saturday.
- Next-day US shipping is available on in-stock items purchased before 11AM CST. We HIGHLY recommend calling us before placing your order... we know, it's old school, but we want to make sure you get your stuff!
- We love our international customers! By now we've shipped almost everything. Don't see your country listed? Let's talk! Most likely it's not listed because we've never shipped there.
- Customs fees and import duties vary by country and product, and are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. We do our best to label the packages in a manner that will minimize these costs in many countries.
- International customers who reject delivery due to duties/customs charges will not receive a refund for shipping and will potentially be charged a restocking fee.
Returns & Exchanges
- Short answer - We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not happy, lets chat.
- Please see our Returns page for more information
Discounted Items - Seconds & Open Box
- In nearly all cases, an open box is an item that was purchased, tried on, and returned - it is assumed to be in like-new condition. Feel free to contact us before purchasing an open box for additional details on the condition.
- Seconds quality items are brand specific. For example, some brands may not consider a skipped thread to be seconds quality, while others do. If it is listed as a second that means the manufacturer found a small cosmetic flaw during their quality assurance inspection and we have discounted it as such. This is normally a pull, broken or skipped thread, or other non-structural flaw. In all cases, a seconds item includes the full manufacturer's warranty
- All seconds and open box items are handsomely discounted to reflect their status. For this reason, these items do not qualify for our no questions asked return policy. All sales of these items are final.
- We <3 our customers and have added the rewards program as a way to earn discounts on every purchase.
- For every dollar you spend excluding shipping and tax, you will automatically receive 1 reward point at the completion of your order.
- Points can be exchanged for monetary discounts on orders of any size, but once exchanged, the code can only be used once. This means if you exchange points for a $30 discount, but only purchase $26 worth of product your order is free... BUT, the extra $4 will be forfeited. ie - add in a fun bag to get over the value of your code to avoid losing out :P
- Discounts can be applied to all products in our store excluding Mystery Boxes and gift cards. Note - Gift cards purchases are not eligible to earn rewards points.
- Points can be used with layaway items (email us for a custom invoice), only points from completed and shipped orders can be used against the balance.
- While points never expire, the Rewards program policies may change at any time. We don't anticipate doing this, but just incase market or vendor policies change.
- Additional points can be earned through sales and social promotions - Keep an eye on your email and our Facebook page for details
- Rewards points and/or code sharing is not in the spirit of the program. Folks found trying to game the system for additional discounts will have their rewards points invalidated. Don't be lame people!
- We absolutely offer layaway. Fun fact - When we created the layaway program Matt bet Rachel $1 that we'd never get more than 5 customers to use the program. He was wrong... oh so wrong. At the time of this writing, we have almost 200 orders currently on layway.
- When you place a layaway order, we physically take the product out of inventory just for you. We do not wait until you pay off your layaway to reserve the product. When you pay it off, the item will ship within 24hrs.
- Please refer to our Layaway page for more detailed information
- 5MR Gift Cards can be purchased via the URL below
- Gift cards are available in a variety of denominations and do not expire
- In nearly all cases, when purchased, gift card codes are emailed instantly
- Yes we offer military discounts. Please refer to our discounts page for more information
- We offer a few pre-orders on some of the more popular brands. Each listing will include the status, expected ship date, and price.
- Shipping estimates on pre-orders are subject to change. While we do our best to provide a worst case estimate, customs and manufacturing delays do occur. If it looks like we're going to miss the worst case shipdate, we'll let you know ASAP
- Short answer - We're flexible. This can be a sticky one, so please do read the rest of these bullets.
- We will price match for all products & vendors who allow us to price match. A few of our vendor agreements have very strict policies on how and where we can sell the product. If it's one of those, let's chat about it.
- To qualify, it must be the same item, same size, same print, and from a retailer who has the product in-stock and ready to ship. As many of our products may go out of stock from the manufacture for weeks or months at a time, we can't match the price from a retailer who is awaiting inventory or just sold out
- Price matching is based on the out-the-door price - this includes shipping. Price matching will take into consideration the other retailers’ shipping costs since we offer free US shipping over $50 and reduced cost international shipping.
Out of Stock & Special Orders
- We would be more than happy to special order a specific carrier or out of stock item for you. Use the contact page to let us know what you're looking for (product/size/color/etc). This is no guarantee that we can do it, but we'll absolutely give it our best effort.
- If it is something we normally stock, we'll set aside one on the next shipment and invoice you when it arrives
- For special orders, payment is required before we place the order with our distributor and we'll give you an estimated arrival date at that time
- Unlike your pool noodle registration, this is important! Please register your product to ensure you receive timely updates should there be a recall (safety or otherwise) on something you purchased through 5MR
- Every product shipped by 5MR includes a product registration card. If your carrier arrives and it is missing the card, please let us know ASAP and we will get one out to you.
- To register your product online, go to http://5mr.com/pages/register
- No really, DO IT!
- We will not share your information with anyone. Ever. End of story.